ROCKWILLS ESTATE PLANNING FORUM: PROFESSIONAL SERIES 2018 – Terms & Conditions
The Rockwills Estate Planning Forum (Professional Series) 2018 (“Event”) is organised by Rockwills Institute Pte Ltd (Co. Reg No. 200917180Z) (“Rockwills”). This section sets out the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) when you register to the Event.
Acceptance of terms, conditions and regulations
1.1 By registering for the Event, you are agreeing to comply, acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Submission of a registration is regarded as an affirmation of your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions for the Event.
- Once you have registered for the Event and your participation have been confirmed by Rockwills, you will receive a confirmation code from Rockwills. The confirmation code will be used for registration of attendance on the Event day to issue tickets for admission.
- If you did not turn up for the Event, you are deemed as “No Show”.
- Rockwills does not allow any shared registrations. Each registration allows admittance of one (1) ticket per person only.
- This is a Professional event meant for Estate Planning professionals. Professional credentials are required for registration.
- Rockwills reserves the right to accept or reject any registrations without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Rights to postpone, cancel or interrupt the Event
- Rockwills may postpone, cancel or interrupt the Event at any time during the Event due to unforeseen circumstances which is beyond its reasonable control (including but not limited to inclement weather, pandemics, acts of God, acts of the enemy, decrees or restraints by governmental or public authorities, terrorism, strikes, war, riots, insurrections, civil commotion, transmission and/or communications disruptions or failure and other causes of such nature) (“unforeseen circumstances”).
- Rockwills and/or its participating sponsors and/or its participating partners shall not be held responsible or liable for such postponement, cancellation or interruption due to the unforeseen circumstances mentioned in Item 3.1 above.
- Rockwills reserves the right to change the Event venue. Rockwills may give notice of the venue changes as soon as practicable.
- There shall be no refund of the Event registration fees for any interruption of such unforeseen circumstances mentioned above or there is a “No Show” from you.
- If you are unable to attend the Event, you are entitled to send a replacement participant at no extra charge. You need to
effectthe changes to the participant’s details with the replacement participant’s details 7 days prior to the Event via written communications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal communications or any other form of communications will not be accepted. Rockwills reserves the right to accept or reject any replacement as per Item 2.5 and 2.6 above.
- The replacement participant must produce the same Event confirmation code on the Event day to facilitate his/her on-site registration on Event day.
- If the Event is
cancelledor postponed due to reasons other than Item 3.1 above, Rockwills shall give notice of cancellation to the participants as soon as reasonably practicable. A participant shall be entitled to receive a refund of Event registration fees paid provided that he/she makes a written request for a refund and such request is received by Rockwills within three (3) weeks from the date of the notice of postponement or cancellation.
- In the event of group purchase of the Event tickets, once registration fees are paid for the group purchase, you are not entitled to request for refund of any
unutilisedtickets nor request to downgrade to a single ticket purchase. However, you may top up the difference if you decide to upgrade to group purchase of the Event tickets.
- Rockwills reserves the right to vary, add, withdraw or substitute advertised programmes or change Event times, venue, or speakers or audience capacity (due to their unavailability, emergencies or other like reasons) without prior notice, without any due compensation or refunds.
Use of Photographic and Video Material
- Rockwills imposes certain restrictions on the use of multimedia at its events (e.g. photography, video, audio, online streaming, and all future mediums). You are permitted to use hand-held cameras and/or
smart phonesto take photographs and capture digital images for personal, non-commercial use only. Photographs taken at the Event may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
- Rockwills may document, use, publish or display the photographs, videos or audio recording taken at the Event for marketing purposes either on social media, collaterals, brochures, advertisements, flyers, email broadcasts after the Event.
- Rockwills may also post, display or publish real-time photos and videos on (i) it’s social media platform and feeds; and (ii) display selected submissions from those feeds on monitors throughout the Event.
- You are encouraged to capture your event experiences and post your own social content from the Event (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), provided it does not infringe upon the rights of any participants, third party or Rockwills.
- By attending the event, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
- Rockwills may edit and use footage it captured at the event for marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose in the ordinary course of its business;
- acknowledges that this event is a networking event. Your company name, your name and company title may be published on the Event day to facilitate the networking session;
- due to the prevalence of mobile recording devices, Rockwills disclaims all liabilities for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other participants at the Event.
Use of Personal Data and Information
By registering for the Event, you agree that:
- Any and all your personal data submitted for registration may be collected, used and/or disclosed to Rockwills and its related corporations (collectively “Rockwills Group”) for various purposes, including communications for purposes related to the Event and such other purposes Rockwills Group may reasonably deem appropriate;
- Rockwills Group may collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers, the participant’s personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings that may include or capture you (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in Rockwills Group publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Event or for other future events or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
- the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all materials shall vest solely and absolutely in Rockwills Group without further compensation.
- Rockwills shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with registration for, attendance at, postponement or cancellation of the Event, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Entry to the Event venue may be subject to the venue’s prevailing terms and conditions of entry.
- Rockwills reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission or evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- Any information, guidelines, views expressed by the speakers or presenters are solely their own and personal views and does not represent the stands or opinion of Rockwills. The speaker or presenter solely be responsible for the contents presented and shall ensure its rightful ownership of any copyright in their presentation materials and that any facts, representations, statements whatsoever made during the course of presentation are true and accurate. Rockwills shall be in no way liable for these materials or be responsible for any presentation, views or suggestions given by the guest speakers or presenters at the Event.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore. You hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- Rockwills reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the above Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors) at the Event.