Your Privacy Is Important To Us
In this policy, "we", "us", "our" or "Rockwills" means Rockwills Corporation Pte Ltd, Rockwills Corporate Services Pte Ltd, Rockwills Trustee Ltd, Rockwills Institute Pte Ltd, Rockwills Incorporations Pte Ltd, Rockwills Business Solutions Pte Ltd, Rockwills Resources Pte Ltd, Estate Planning Practitioners Limited, KapitalMinds Pte Ltd, its related corporations and affiliates.
In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, Rockwills is deeply concerned and wishes to ensure proper privacy is maintained for your benefit. Hence, we would like to inform that we will work within the applicable Laws pertaining to the collection, usage and dealing with your personal data.
Under this policy, please be assured that the data shall only be used for Rockwills business and services only. For your information, we have put this policy in place to let you further understand the processes involved.
We will process your personal data as listed below which have/has been provided by you to Rockwills or Rockwills’ franchisee:
- National Registration Identification Card number / passport number
- Family details
- Contact details including house phone number, mobile phone number, email address and mailing address; and
- Any other personal data derived from any legal documentation including Insurance Policies, Letter of Administration, Grant of Probate, Power of Attorney, Birth Certificate and Death Certificate.
How Your Personal Data Is Collected
Personal data is collected:
- When you sign up to purchase our products and services from us or our franchisees
- When you register your interest with us or our franchisees to purchase the products and services
- When you attend our public talk and seminars
- When you visit our websites or social networking sites
- From any company within the Rockwills International Group
- Pursuant to any transaction or inquiry or communication made with or to us or our franchisees
- From third party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and publicly available sources of information
Usage Of Your Personal Data
As our estate planning services covers the preparation of Wills and Trusts, we will process the data collected for the following purposes;
- To facilitate the drafting of wills and other legacy planning instruments as instructed by you
- To facilitate the drafting of trusts as instructed by you
- For billing and financial purposes, including payments for Rockwills services (and all transactions related thereto), accounting and tax
- For administrative purposes
- To meet legal and statutory requirements
- For contact purposes
- To respond to your enquires
- To conduct research and statistical analysis
- To help us monitor and improve our product and service offerings
- Providing you with regular communications relating to services provided by Rockwills, its related companies and partners from time to time.
- For direct marketing purposes
- Providing you with information and updates on the products and services.
The information requested by us are necessary and mandatory which you must provide, failing which, we will not be able to provide you with the estate planning product and services and relevant updates or information.
Use Of Personal Data For Marketing Purposes
We may use your personal data for marketing purposes, including:
- Monitoring and improving our product and service offerings;
- Providing you with regular communications relating to services provided by Rockwills from time to time;
- For direct marketing purposes;
- Providing you with information and updates on the products and services.
Such marketing messages may be sent to you in various modes including but not limited to electronic mail, direct mailers, short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and mobile Apps. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Disclosure And Sharing Of Personal Data
To facilitate the purpose above and the provision of products and services to you, we may process, use and disclose your personal data to the following classes of third parties:
- Companies within the Rockwills Group
- Our franchisees and service providers (including those located overseas) providing services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected;
- Our service providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies
- Any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings and
- Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential
Access And Correction Of Personal Data
If you would like to make any enquiries or request access or correction of personal data of yours held by us, you may contact our Personal Data Protection Officer, by writing to the following address:
Personal Data Protection Officer,
10 Anson Road,
#06-17 International Plaza,
Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to the requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may also contact the above mentioned Personal Data Protection Officer, in writing.
We may amend this policy from time to time to ensure that this policy is consistent with any developments to the way Rockwills uses your personal data or any changes to the laws and regulations applicable to Rockwills. We will make available the updated policy on our web site (https://www.rockwills.com.sg/index.php?mid=16). All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of this policy in force at the time.
Rockwills International Group (“Rockwills”) Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) Notice
With effect from 1 July 2014, this FATCA Notice (“Notice”) forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship as customer with Rockwills and its related companies where applicable.
- “FATCA” means sections 1471 through 1474 of the United States Internal Revenue Code and the regulations and other guidance thereunder, each as amended from time to time or any other agreement entered into with or between authorities for the implementation of FATCA.
- “US” means United States of America.
- “US Person” means a US Citizen or resident individual, a partnership or corporation organised in the US or under the laws of the US or any state of the US, or a trust if (i) a court within the US would have authority under applicable law to render orders or judgments concerning substantially all issues regarding administration of trust, and (ii) one or more US Person(s) have the authority to control all substantial decisions of the trust, or an estate of a descendent that is a citizen or resident of the US. This definition shall be interpreted in accordance with the US Internal Revenue Code. Please note that persons who have lost their US citizenship and who live outside the US may nonetheless in some circumstances be treated as US Persons.
- You shall provide all required documentation or information, including but not limited to date of birth, countries of citizenship, countries of permanent residence, countries of tax residency and associated taxpayer identification numbers, that may be required to enable Rockwills and its agents to comply with all requirements of FATCA or other agreement by or between governments.
You shall notify Rockwills in writing within thirty (30) days of any change that affects your tax status in relation to FATCA under any laws, regulations or other agreement by or between governments.
- You represent and warrant that you have provided to Rockwills all documentation or other information as may be required by Rockwills for compliance with FATCA and in connection with change in tax status and shall provide all required documentation or other information within seven (7) days of a request from Rockwills in writing or otherwise.
You further acknowledge that any failure on your part to provide accurate and timely information pursuant to requirements of this Notice and requests by Rockwills may result in Rockwills having to deem you recalcitrant and/or reportable and take all necessary action against you in order for Rockwills to be compliant with requirements under FATCA, local legislation in connection with FATCA and any other provision arising out of an agreement between governments pertaining to FATCA.
- You consent to the collection, storage, and disclosure by Rockwills and its agents of any Confidential Information to persons from whom Rockwills and its agents receive or make payments on behalf of you and to governmental authorities as required by law or other agreement by or between governments. Confidential Information includes your personal data, your bank account details, transactional information, and any other information that a reasonable person would consider being of a confidential or proprietary nature. Your consent shall be effective notwithstanding any applicable nondisclosure agreement. You represent that you have secured from any third party whose information is provided to Rockwills any consents and waivers necessary to permit Rockwills and its agents to carry out the actions described in this paragraph, and that you will secure such consents and waivers in advance of providing similar information to Rockwills in the future.
- You agree and acknowledge that Rockwills is entitled to take all necessary action to be and remain compliant with FATCA as is required by law or other agreement by or between governments. If some of your income is reportable and some is not, Rockwills will report all income unless Rockwills can reasonably determine the reportable amount. You hereby authorise Rockwills and any of its agents, where appropriate, to withhold or otherwise collect from any payment any required tax or other government assessment, including but not limited to any requirement to withhold or deduct an amount under the United States Internal Revenue Code and the regulations and other guidance thereunder, each as amended from time to time or any other agreement by or between authorities.
- Rockwills may take whatever action we consider appropriate to meet any obligations, either in Singapore or elsewhere in the world, relating to the prevention of tax evasion. This may include, but is not limited to, investigating and intercepting payments into and out of your accounts (particularly in the case of international transfer of funds and the setting up of offshore trusts and companies), investigating the source of or intended recipient of funds, sharing information and documents with domestic and international tax authorities and withholding income from your account and transferring it to such tax authorities. If we are not satisfied that a payment in or out of your account is lawful, we may refuse to deal with it.
- To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, Rockwills will not be liable to you for any losses, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities you may suffer as a result of our complying with legislation, regulations, orders or agreements with tax authorities or by and between tax authorities or if we make an incorrect determination as to whether or not you should be treated as being subject to tax or tax reporting obligations.
- This Notice does not derogate from the terms and conditions governing your relationship with Rockwills. Rockwills’ rights under this Notice shall be without prejudice to other rights of collection, use and disclosure available pursuant to the Terms and Conditions or under the law and nothing herein is to be construed as limiting any of these other rights.