OFFSHORE Tax, Estate & Succession Planning Seminar on 13 July 2009! A Must Attend Seminar From RBS!
Greetings from Rockwills Business Solutions!
For the 1st time in Malaysia, Rockwills Business Solutions (RBS) brings you a special ONE (1) day knowledge-packed seminar on Offshore business and investment structures opportunities. This seminar will help you to gain an overview and understanding on the role of International Offshore Financial Centres (IOFC) and the overall tax implications in an offshore environment, particularly when dealing in tax haven countries such as Labuan, British Virgin Islands (BVI) etc.
You will also be able to learn how Offshore Trusts ventures can best support both corporate and families in international estate and succession planning. This seminar presents you with TWO (2) very experienced international speakers with powerful knowledge in these topics. They will equip you with the in-depth knowledge for you to grow and safeguard your business and wealth!
This is a MUST ATTEND seminar for all those who are in the financial planning and services related businesses, company secretaries, accountants, business owners, high networth individuals and professionals with so much to gain and learn! Hurry, sign up TODAY!
OFFSHORE TAX, ESTATE AND SUCCESSION PLANNING SEMINAR
13 July 2009 (Mon)
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Wisma Rockwils, Kuala Lumpur
Our Distinguished International Speakers:
• To provide an understanding and update on the critical roles of IOFC and learn how they can support both corporate and individuals in their business and financial planning needs.
• To provide an insight into the overall tax implications in offshore environments such as Labuan & British Virgin islands.
• To empower participants with an overall scope of taxation knowledge in Malaysia and on repatriation of foreign income.
• To provide an overview on the various types of offshore company structure and their respective roles and benefits for business and individuals.
• To empower participants with the knowledge on the evolution of offshore trust planning and offering for both corporate and family.
1ST Speaker: MR TAN HOOI BENG
Making The Most of International Offshore Financial Centre: Special Emphasis on Labuan and British Virgin Islands
• Scope of taxation in Malaysia
- Individuals / Companies
- Business vs non-business income
- Repatriation of foreign income
• What is an IOFC?
• Overview of Labuan & the BVI
- Scope of Taxation
- Repatriation of Income
• Types of offshore company structure
- Offshore holding company
- Offshore finance company
- Offshore trading company
- Offshore licensing / franchising company
- Offshore headquarter / administration company
- Offshore real estate company
• Anti avoidance & economic substance
2nd Speaker: MR LEE CHIWI
Use of Offshore Trusts for Corporate and Families in International Estate and Succession Planning
• Factors that drive the set up of an offshore trust
• Domestic vs Offshore trust
• Offshore Trusts Offering
- BVI Vista Trust
- Mauritius Trusts
- Labuan Trust
• Singapore Foreign Trust
• Singapore Private Trust Company Structure
Mr Tan Hooi Beng is an Executive Director and the International Tax leader at Deloitte Malaysia. He has 10 years of experience serving some of the firm’s largest multinational clients. He has vast experience in international tax planning and advised clients on various offshore business structures. Hooi Beng is also the National Tax Learning Leader and speaks frequently on corporate tax matters in various forums and conferences. Beside publishing tax-related articles, he also provided trainings to the personnel of the Malaysian Inland Revenue Board and advised the Malaysian Tax Review Panel on several tax reforms. Hooi Beng is a graduate of the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur where he received a Bachelor’s in Accounting. He is also a Chartered Accountant and member of the Malaysian Institute of Taxation. Hooi Beng holds a tax adviser licence issued by the Ministry of Finance.
Mr Lee Chiwi was called to the Bar of England & Wales as a Barrister-at-Law in 1986 and was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore. He holds a MBA from the Nanyang Business School and is a TEP (Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner). He headed Lexington Trust Ltd., as the MD and later was the CEO in British & Malayan Trustee Limited (BMT). Currently, he is the CEO of the Rockwills Group in Singapore. Lee Chiwi is the author of three books: namely, Legal Aspects of Unit Trusts in Singapore, The Rockwills Trust Guide to Succession and Trusts in Wealth Management. He contributes articles in various Financial Journals on topics relating to fund management, financial advisory business, succession and trusts. Lee is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences. He is on the executive committee of STEP, Singapore Branch and is honorary member and advisor to the Financial Planning Association of Singapore.
EARLY BIRD Sign Up (Before 29 June 2009)!
Rockwills Member : RM 200.00
Non Rockwills Member : RM 400.00 + FREE one year RBS membership
Rockwills Member : RM 250.00
Non Rockwills Member : RM 450.00 + FREE one year RBS membership
(Seminar fee is inclusive of lunch, coffee/tea breaks, seminar materials and certificate.)
Plus 10% group discount for every group of 3!
More Good News! This seminar is accredited by MFPC for 6.5 CPD hours!
(Please refer to the attached flyer for the detailed information and registration form.)
Hurry! Register now to reserve your seats. Sign up before 29 June 09 to enjoy the EARLY BIRDS!
Call RBS at +603-7781 1993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“A Must-Attend Great Seminar From RBS!”